International Yoga Day 2022: Encourage our family members, friends, etc.,
Today with messages, wishes, and quotes that motivate and inspire them to learn about yoga and its benefits.
Yoga originated in India as an ancient physical, mental, and spiritual practice.
The word “yoga” comes from the Sanskrit language, which means “to unite.” The United Nations recognized it on 21 June.
Yoga has gained immense popularity not only in India but all over the world.
It is an opportunity to spread awareness about the benefits of yoga. Yoga is said to be more than just a practice for those who practice it daily.
For the U.N., yoga is a symbol of creating balance and harmony. Yoga provides a path to a sustainable life when applied to communities and societies.
Table of Contents
International Yoga Day 2022: Quotes
1. “Yoga doesn’t just change the way we see things, it changes the person who sees.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
2. “Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on your head. – Swami Satchidananda
3. “If you want to overcome the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
4. “When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from within, like a kind of will to do something.
Try to be sensitive. It’s yoga.” – Petri Raisanen
5. “We all hope for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first create peace in our own minds.” – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso.
What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2022?
Yoga for Humanity ”is the theme of International Yoga Day 2022. The day we celebrated on June 21st focuses on the importance of yoga in our lives. In honor of the day, several events are held around the world.
Who started International Yoga Day?
The UN declared June 21 as International Yoga Day by adopting a resolution on December 11, 2014, at the 69th session of the General Assembly.
Why is 21 June celebrated as Yoga Day?
Why is June 21 Yoga Day? June 21 was chosen as International Yoga Day because it is the longest day of the year, known as the summer solstice.
What are the 5 benefits of yoga?
In this way, yoga can support healing and help a person experience symptoms more centrally and less anxiously.
- Yoga improves strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Yoga helps relieve back pain.
- Yoga can relieve the symptoms of arthritis.
- Yoga benefits heart health.
- Yoga relaxes and helps you fall asleep better.